Canoas Garden Neighborhood Association
Welcome and Introductions – Mark Nijmeijer – President
Treasurer’s Report: Diane Leaman
Current Balance: 1664.46
Social Committee Report: Tony Medina
- 2015 Garage Sale – 30 homes participated
- Neighborhood Picnic:
- All ages particpated
- Free ice-cream for all from the ice-cream truck
- Neighborhood Christmas Trees – Thanks to Dawn Smith
- There were approximately 130 trees
- Mr. and Mrs. Santa appeared on Redbird Dr. to talk to the children.
- There will be a vegetable exchange from March through April
- There will be a “dumpster pickup” on Aug. 6th. San Jose garbage and recycling will pick up large items free until June 30th. Must call San Jose Garbage and Recycling to schedule.
- Pulte homes has purchased the lot between Skylark and Almaden Expressway.
- There will be 24 condos.
- There will be no exit onto Skylark Dr.
- Scheduled to be completed by the end of 2016.
- Construction will take place from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. It will be from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on Saturdays.
- There will be a “disturbance coordinator” assigned to the project to inform neighborhood of goings on.
- There will be an HOA for the condos. They may join CGNA.
- On the Scottish Rite property, there are plans to build another tower. There may be trucks on Rinconada.
- There is a plan to create a homeless encampment on Evans Ln. behind Conklin Brothers. The county refuses to place homeless at Fairgrounds.
- Pierluigi Oliverio has proposed that the city offer homeless individuals transportation to other cities. The council refused.
- A flier was distributed by Pierluigi Oliverio’s office re. a K9 film festival for dog rescue on Feb. 28th. Also a flier was distributed re. a community clean up on April 23rd. It was suggested that this would be a good date to clean up Wren Park.
Elections for new CGNA board officers:
- President: Tony Medina
- Vice President: Gary Smith
- Treasurer: Diane Leaman
- Secretary: Sue Peters
Members at large:
- Tony Leaman
- Rich Peters
- Carol Searle
- Mark Nijmeijer
- Chris Sharp
Meeting dismissed at 8:15